This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ecover. All opinions are 100% mine.
This Lasagna Recipe from my mother is a hearty casserole that is a classic dinner everyone will love! Ground beef and pork are layered with cheese and pasta for a comforting dinner idea perfect for a family gathering or holiday. After you have satisfied everyone’s appetites with this amazing dish, make clean up easy with ecover dish soap!
There are a handful of dishes that my mom has made over the years that I still love to this day. Typically our dinners growing up consisted of pot roasts or some other version of meat and potatoes that I wasn’t a huge fan of. My mom’s lasagna recipe on the other hand was a special dinner that she would make for holidays or family gatherings that EVERYONE loved. To this day, that has not changed. My brothers continue to request lasagna as their meal of choice when they are home to visit.
It’s no wonder it is a family favorite. Ground beef and pork with a delicious tomato sauce are layered with lasagna noodles and my favorite part of all, cottage cheese and Parmesan. I love cottage cheese all on its own, but there is just something extra special about it when you add in a healthy dose of Parmesan. When my mom was making Lasagna as a child, I used to nibble away on this creamy mixture until she would swat my hands away so there was enough left for the casserole!
I have tried Lasagna made by others on occasion and it just never lives up to my mom’s. Whether it is a lack of flavor or maybe creamy cheesy goodness, they just never seem to compare. Her’s is the absolute best lasagna recipe and an absolute must-try!
The only downside to making Lasagna is the dirty pan you have to clean up afterwards with the baked on cheese and sauce. Dishes are one of my least favorite things to do in life, but it is an evil necessity when you enjoy cooking! I recently discovered a new product, ecover Liquid Dishsoap, that makes this job a little bit easier and therefore myself much happier.
The best part about ecover’s products, is that they are non-toxic, made with naturally derived ingredients, people, pet + planet friendly! This is especially important to me right now as I am currently focusing on eliminating unhealthy ingredients in the products I use because of my infertility struggle. It is extra important for me to use only the healthiest products to give my body the best possible chance of functioning the way I need it to!
Thanks to ecover’s concentrated liquid dish soap that is packed with more cleaning power than ever before, doing dishes was a breeze! The liquid dish soap cut right through grease for spot-free sparkling clean dishes. Made with plant-based + mineral ingredients, the biodegradable formula is tough on stuck-on food, but gentle on your skin and the planet. Not only were my hands soft after washing dishes, but they smelt like the bright Lime Zest scent that I loved.
Whether you want to make a special meal for family and friends, or you just want to make a big pan of Lasagna to pack for lunches throughout the week for work, this recipe is one that you really need to add to your repertoire ASAP!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 Tbso Italian seasoning
- 1 can (12 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole or diced tomatoes
- 1 carton (22 oz.) cottage cheese
- 1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. shredded Mozzarella
- 8 oz. shredded Provolone
- 9 cooked lasagna noodles
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Prepare your lasagna noodles according to the package directions to al dente. Drain and rinse the noodles under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a deep skillet, brown the beef and pork together for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic salt, Italian seasoning, tomato paste and tomatoes and using a fork, crush the tomatoes until there are only small chunks left. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until the mixture is the consistency of spaghetti sauce.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cottage cheese and ½ cup Parmesan.
- In a greased 9"x13" pan, layer ¼ of the meat mixture, 3 noodles, 1 heaping cup cottage cheese and 1 cup Mozzarella. Repeat this process two more times. Top with the remaining meat mixture, remaining ½ c. Parmesan and the shredded Provolone cheese.
- Bake at 350° uncovered for 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.