White Cheddar & Spinach French Bread is crusty French bread topped with baby spinach sautéed in butter with garlic and green onions and mixed with extra sharp white cheddar for a decadent appetizer or vegetarian entrée recipe your guests will devour!
It’s that time of year, where we are starting to plan ahead for holiday meals. It isn’t just the the Thanksgiving feast that we need to plan for, but instead meals for every day following it until Sunday. My mother and I were brainstorming on what we were planning to feed all the family while they are home for the long weekend, and to say we disagree about food is an understatement! She turns her nose up at most of my suggestions, calling them weird.
The woman really does hate to cook though, so finally she threw her hands up in the air and proclaimed that as long as I did all the cooking, I could make whatever the heck I wanted. This is my favorite kind of cooking. I get to make anything I want, pushing my siblings out of their boxes inch by inch AND my mom cleans up afterwards. #WIN
This year it gets even better, because my parents will be spending a good amount of time moving to their new house over Thanksgiving weekend, but I was informed that if I did all the cooking I wouldn’t have to help move. Now granted, I will obviously be helping if I am not slaving away in the kitchen preparing lunches and dinners for the large moving crew, BUT I am thinking I might move a bit slower pace than usual this year… 😉
So if you are still looking for a great appetizer to add to your family’s holiday menu, be sure to make this White Cheddar & Spinach French Bread. I promise, everyone will love it!
White Cheddar & Spinach French Bread
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. green onions chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 5 c. baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 c. Parmesan grated
- 1/2 loaf French bread
- 4 oz. extra sharp white cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- In a large saute pan melt the butter and add the garlic, green onions, spinach and salt. Saute for 3-5 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Add the cream cheese to the pan and heat just until melted then add the Parmesan, stirring just until it is well incorporated.
- Slice your loaf of French bread in half lengthwise and place on a lined sheet, cut sides up. Spoon the spinach mixture over both of the loaves and top with the shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.