Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Puffs are a fantastic little appetizers with a light and flakey piece of puff pastry topped with a creamy smoked salmon, goat cheese and lemon spread. They make a convenient appetizer because you can bake off the puff pastry and mix together the salmon mixture well in advance and quickly assemble them at the last minute by piping the salmon mixture on the puff pastry and you are ready to serve!
I hate when you have to slave away on a meal or appetizers for hours right before a party and then you don’t have a chance to even get ready for the party or socialize with your guests. Your guests would much rather have a social host and these little smoked salmon and goat cheese puffs are a great solution. Your guests will think you slaved away over them with the flakey puff pastry that will melt in your mouth an the sophisticated smoked salmon spread. What more could you want?!
Smoke Salmon & Goat Cheese Puffs
- 3 oz. smoked salmon the flaky type
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Spread out each thawed puff pastry sheet on your work area and cut 2" circles from the sheets. Place the cirlces onto a lined baking sheet. Brush the puff pastry rounds with beaten egg and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, In a food processor, combine the goat cheese, cream cheese, smoked salmon, lemon juice, dill and salt and pepper. Process the mixture until smooth then spoon it into a piping bag or large zip-lock bag with the corner cut off.
- Store the salmon mixture in the refrigerator until ready to use. Pipe a heaping dollop of salmon and goat cheese mixture on each puff pastry round. Garnish with a tiny sprig of dill and serve immediately.
Need more great appetizer ideas for you party? Check these out!
Strawberry Bruschetta with Whipped Feta
Corn & Green Chili Con Queso Dip