Mediterranean Breakfast Tostadas are a quick and healthy breakfast recipe that will fill you up and fuel you for the day. Crispy tostadas are layered with creamy red pepper hummus, scrambled eggs, veggies and feta for a well-rounded breakfast bursting with bold Greek flavors!
So, I am completely obsessed with tostadas and this breakfast one just made it to the top of the list. I literally made this for breakfast every.single.day until I ran out of tostadas. If it wasn’t breakfast time, I would just skip the eggs and make this as a satisfying snack. It is that good people! Initially I wasn’t all that sure how eggs and hummus would pair, but let me tell you, if you haven’t tried it yet, you are missing out. This protein packed breakfast is where it is at!
Apparently this is the week where people start to loose traction with their New Year’s resolutions. Is that you? Well, if you are feeling your will power slipping on your vow to eat better, this healthy breakfast tostada is the perfect thing to get you back on track. We all know the importance of eating breakfast, and if you make it this delicious, you won’t feel like you are sacrificing anything!
Mediterranean Breakfast Tostadas
- 4 to stadas
- 1/2 c. roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/2 c. red pepper diced
- 1/2 c. green onions chopped
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1/2 c. skim milk
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 c. cucumber seeded and chopped
- 1/2 c. tomatoes diced
- 1/4 c. feta crumbled
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the red peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the eggs, milk, garlic powder, oregano and green onions to the skillet, constantly stirring until egg whites are no longer translucent (about 2 minutes).
- Top each tostada with hummus, eggs mixture, cucumber, tomates & feta. Serve immediately.