Cheesy Chipotle Spaghetti Squash is a healthy recipe loaded with a creamy chipotle sauce for a meatless meal loaded with flavor or side dish that pairs great with a pork loin or chicken.
I am pretty much obsessed with chipotles in adobo sauce. Ok, I’m not as obsessed with them as my sister who will literally put them in just about anything. She made my mom’s chilli recipe and loaded it up with chipotles. When I went to taste it, all I could taste was chipotle!
These bad boys go a long way, so no need to use a heavy hand with them. They pack a punch with not only flavor but plenty of heat. If you are using them and some of your family members are a bit adverse to spice, feel free to cut the amount in half.
Cheesy Chipotle Spaghetti Squash
- 1/2 spaghettii squash
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. flour
- 2 oz. garlic herb goat cheese soft style
- 3/4 c. skim milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce roughly chopped
- 1/3 c. Italian blend shredded cheese
- fresh parsley optional
- Place the whole spaghetti squash on a lined baking sheet and bake at 350° for 90 minutes. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and reserve half for another use. Using a fork, scrape the squash from the skin and set aside.
- While the squash is baking, in a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until well combined. Cook for 1-2 minutes and very slowly incorporate the milk, whisking vigorously after each addition. After all the milk is well incorporated add the chipotle pepper and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until it has thickened.
- Add the goat cheese and using an immersion blender, blend the mixture until smooth. Add the squash and fold into the sauce so it is all coated. Top with shredded cheese and parsley. Cover and cook for a couple minutes allowing the cheese to melt. Serve immediately.
More great side dishes