BBQ Chicken French Bread is a chewy french bread topped with BBQ chicken, red onions and melted cheddar for an amazingly simple and delicious appetizer or dinner idea. I love a good recipe that I can whip up in minutes, toss in the oven and have a flavorful meal on the table in no time.
So, I have a confession…I am a reality TV junkie. Whether it is Real Housewives, Biggest Loser or Real World, I can’t help myself, watching all the drama. I know so much of it is staged and “reality” is used very loosely. Heck, half the time I am yelling at my TV at how phony and stages a scene is. But for some reason I just can’t quit it. When I am working on editing pictures or doing online business, it is a good distraction in the background.
I have to say, one of my favorites used to be Real World, but they seem to be very disappointing lately. I remember it in it’s prime, like Las Vegas. What ever happened to just watching seven people learning to live with each other and watching the natural drama and hookups unfold? Now they try and have a new twist and turn every season and it is all just too contrived.
OK, so that is my most recent disappointment in reality TV. That is an oxymoron of sorts right? Ha! Well, if you find yourself watching lame reality TV, I can promise that if you make this amazing BBQ Chicken French Bread it will make everything better!
BBQ Chicken French Bread
- 1/2 loaf French bread halved lengthwise
- 2 c. cooked chicken cubed
- 1/2 c. BBQ sauce
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar
- 1/2 c. red onions finely sliced
- On a lined baking sheet, place the halves of French bread, cut side facing up.
- Toss chicken with BBQ sauce and layer on top of bread with cheese and onion. Bake for 20 minutes at 350°. Slice into two inch pieces and serve immediately.
More great French Breads!