Light Taco Cauliflower Tot Hotdish
Light Taco Cauliflower Tot Hotdish is a healthy twist on the traditional tator tot casserole recipe your mom made with a Mexican twist!
- 1 lb lean Ground turkey or beef
- 10 oz. package frozen southwest style blend vegetables roasted corn, black beans, peppers
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1 c. Reduced fat mexican blend cheese
- 16 oz pkg. Green Giant cauliflower tots frozen
- 3/4 c. Pace taco cooking sauce NOT taco sauce
- Plain Greek yogurt or Fat Free Sour Cream
Preheat your oven to 425°.
In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground meat for 2-3 minutes as you break it up. Add the frozen vegetables and diced onion and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Add the taco seasoning and green chiles to the skillet and stir until well combined and the meat is cooked through.
In a sprayed small casserole pan, layer the meat mixture on the bottom and top with the shredded cheese. Arrange the frozen cauliflower tots over the cheese and drizzle with the taco cooking sauce.
Bake at 425° for 40 minutes or until the cauliflower tots are crispy. If you like your tots extra crispy, turn the broiler on for the last few minutes.
Serve garnished with Greek yogurt, tomatoes and cilantro.