Pressure Cooker Lemon Chicken & Brown Rice Soup
Pressure Cooker Lemon Chicken & Brown Rice Soup is an easy and healthy recipe made in your Instant Pot. The lemon twist on this classic chicken noodle soup recipe is light and refreshing, perfect any time of the year!
- 2 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 Tbsp. diced garlic
- 4 stalks of celery chopped
- 3 c. chopped carrots
- 1 Tbsp. Better Than Boullion
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. dried Italian herbs
- 2/3 c. long grain brown rice uncooked
- 20 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 12 c. chicken stock
Turn your electric pressure cooker to the saute function on high. Saute the onions in the butter for 2-3 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic to the onions and saute for 1 more minute.
Add the remaining ingredients to the pot. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Allow the pressure to release for 10 minutes and open the valve to vent.
Remove the chicken breasts from the pot and shred using two forks or in a large bowl with a hand mixer. Add the chicken back to the soup and serve with additional lemon slices.