Pressure Cooker Light & Spicy Taco Shells
Pressure Cooker Light & Spicy Taco Shells are a quick and easy 20 minute recipe loaded with lean hamburger, taco seasoning and veggies for a healthy and family-friendly dinner made in your Instant Pot!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded & diced (or 4oz. can diced jalapeños or green chillis for less spice)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1.25 oz envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 c. 3 oz medium whole wheat pasta shells (uncooked)
- 2/3 c. water
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 oz. extra sharp shredded cheddar optional
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt for garnish optional
Set your 5 or 6 quart electric pressure cooker to saute and add the hamburger, onion and jalapeño. Break up the hamburger and saute for 4-5 minutes so meat is lightly browned. Press cancel.
Add the salt, taco seasoning, chili powder and garlic powder to the meat and give a quick stir. Add the pasta shells and top with the water and fire roasted tomatoes with the juice.
Lock the electric pressure cooker lid in place and manually set to 5 minutes on high. Press start.
When the time is up, quick release the pressure using an oven mitten to release the pressure nozzle.
Serve topped with shredded cheddar and sour cream.