Pressure Cooker Stuffed Pepper Sausage Soup
Pressure Cooker Stuffed Pepper Sausage Soup is a hearty recipe made in your Instant Pot, perfect for an easy family friendly dinner. Mild Italian sausage, rice, vegetables and a light tomato and beef broth come together for a rich and delicious meal everyone will love!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage
- 2 bell peppers your choice of colors, diced
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 2 tsp. fresh diced garlic
- 24 oz. marinara
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 14.5 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 c. dry Basmati rice
- 8 c. beef broth
- 8 oz. shredded cheese Provolone, Cheddar, etc.
Turn your 6 quart or larger* Instant Pot to saute. Add the sausage and cook for 3 minutes while breaking apart. Add the onion, bell peppers and garlic to the pot and saute for an additional 5 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients and give them a quick stir. Place your lid on your Instant Pot and turn the vent to pressure. Manually set your pot to high pressure for 10 minutes.
When the time is up, turn the vent to steam to quick release the pressure.
Serve topped with shredded cheese.
*If you are using a 5 quart Instant Pot, leave out a few cups of beef broth and add back when the soup is done cooking.