Southwest Chicken Cobb Salad with Chipotle Lime Dressing combines so many of my favorite things. Grilled chicken breasts and sweet corn, fresh veggies and cheese, dressing with fresh lime juice and chipotles in adobo sauce and of course, crispy tortilla strips. YUM! I am slightly obsessed with this salad and the accompanying Chipotle Lime Southwest Dressing. It’s just so good!
Ok, now that we got my obsession with this salad out of this way, how about we talk for just a minutes about my scatter brain. As my husband often tells me, I would forget my head if it wasn’t attached. Last night I was sitting on the couch, enjoying the first episode of the season, from one of my favorite TV shows, Sons of Anarchy. I heard my phone buzz and I noticed the reminder I set for myself, to be at Volleyball in 30 minutes. Woops! I hopped up and got dressed and out the door, just in time to make it to the game, but I was cutting it close.
I’m not sure what people did before all of the technology available to help people like me, remind ourselves of important day-to-day tasks. Without it, I would be a complete flake, missing out on things and forgetting important events. I make lists in my phone, set reminders, and input events well in advance, all so I can maintain a relatively normal life. Thank you technology, thank you!
- 10 c. mixed greens
- 1 c. Chipotle Lime Southwest Dressing
- 1 c. diced tomatoes
- 1 c. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 c. green onions diced
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1 c. tortilla strips
- 2 cobs of sweet corn
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. southwest seasoning
- Rub the chicken breasts with the southwest seasoning and place on a sprayed skillet over high heat. Cook for 6-8 minutes until no longer pink in the center. Set aside.
- To the hot pan, add the husked sweet corn that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cook for 6-8 minutes, rotating every couple of minutes. Remove from heat, and using a cooking mit to handle the hot corn, cut it off of the cob. After the chicken has had a few minutes to sit, cut it into ½ inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss the mixed greens with the dressing and layer the top with tomatoes, cheese, green onions, avocados, sweet corn, chicken and tortilla strips.