This Smoked Turkey Orchard Sandwich is a wholesome and easy 5 minute lunch recipe made with multi-grain bread, caramelized onions, goat cheese, crisp green apples and Smoked Deli Turkey.
Smoked Turkey Orchard Sandwich
The flavor combination of creamy goat cheese, sweet caramelized onion and tart green apples is out of this world! Sandwiches often get a wrap for being a lunch-only kind of meal. I wanted to make something that would ignite my senses with an amazing flavor profile, great texture and beautiful colors that would not only make a spectacular lunch, but a drool-worth dinner as well. This Smoked Turkey Orchard Sandwich accomplished just that!
With a healthy portion of vegetables, fruit, dairy, meat and grains, this sandwich is a complete meal. If you are like me and make up huge batches of caramelized onions to keep on hand in the freezer, this sandwich will come together in a matter of minutes.
This sandwich is no ordinary ham and cheese that will leave you bored and unsatisfied. This is a sandwich you will be drooling over and best of all, you can feel good about!
- 2 slices multi-grain bread
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. garlic, diced
- 1 oz. chèvre, soft goat cheese
- ¼ green apple, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. caramelized onions
- 4 slices Smoked Deli Turkey
- 3 leaves of butter lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon and garlic. Spread the mixture over one slice of bread. Top that slice with butter lettuce, turkey, caramelized onions, goat cheese, apples and the other slice of bread. Slice in half and enjoy immediately!