Skinny Cowgirl Veggie Burger is a hearty and healthy vegetarian meal perfect for Meatless Monday. Your favorite veggie burger is topped with homemade baked onion rings smothered in a Greek yogurt and BBQ sauce for bold flavor and crunch.
Skinny Cowgirl Veggie Burger
In my experience a Cowboy burger is a thick juicy burger piled high with bacon, onion rings and BBQ sauce. While that sounds absolutely amazing, I was looking to lighten up this bad boy. My version, the Skinny Cowgirl Veggie Burger, starts with you favorite veggie burger, topped with juicy tomatoes, fresh avocados, these Baked Southwest Onion Rings and finished with a mixture of BBQ sauce and Greek yogurt.
The sauce gives you a nice bold flavor and the onion rings provide a great crunch that makes for a delicious and easy vegetarian meal perfect for Meatless Monday! For more great meatless meals, follow this amazing board on Pinterest!
My love of Greek yogurt continues with this burger. While I would love to slather some BBQ straight onto this burger, I wanted to cut back on all the sugar and calories. What better way to do that, than to mix the BBQ sauce in with some non-fat plain Greek yogurt!
- 2 whole wheat buns
- 2 veggie burgers, prepared
- 1 tomato
- ½ avocado
- 4 Baked Southwest Onion Rings
- ¼ c. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. BBQ sauce
- Prepare your Baked Southwest Onion Rings and veggie burgers according to the directions.
- Assemble your burgers by topping the bottom of each bun with a veggie burger, slices of tomato, avocado and 2 large onions rings.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt and BBQ sauce. Spread the sauce on the bun tops. Place on the burger and serve immediately.