Pumpkin Mousse Dip with Pie Crust Dippers takes all the great flavors of sweet pumpkin pie and turns them into an easy finger food snack or appetizer perfect for your next holiday party!
Pumpkin Mousse Dip with Pie Crust Dippers
Everyone I know loves pumpkin pie, but it isn’t exactly convenient to serve at a social gathering. In our family it is almost always reserved for dessert at the big holiday Thanksgiving meal. There is no reason the great pumpkin flavor can’t be enjoyed as a snack or appetizer at a Halloween or holiday party though! This Pumpkin Mousse Dip with Pie Crust Dippers is the perfect way to enjoy the great flavors of pumpkin pie in a creamy dip.
The best part about this Pumpkin Mousse Dip are the pie crust dippers. If you are short on time and need to whip up a dish to bring to a gathering last minute, you could certainly serve this is cinnamon graham crackers or vanilla wafers. If you are anything like me though, you love any opportunity to enjoy some flaky pie crust brushed with melted butter and cinnamon sugar.
When we were children, my favorite part about my mom making pies was the leftover scraps she would roll out for us. She would slather them with a cinnamon sugar mixture and pop them in the oven to bake off. We would all gather around the oven and fight for a piece of that sweet flaky goodness. It never lasted more than a few minutes in our house!
Instead of only enjoying cinnamon sugar pie crust as a leftover treat, why not make it into an intentional dipper for this amazing Pumpkin Mousse Dip?! If you are feeling particularly ambitious, you could whip up this awesome pie crust recipe. If life is just too busy and chaotic for this, you can always buy some refrigerated rolls of pie crust. If you serve them fresh, no one will be any wiser!
This Pumpkin Mousse Dip makes a giant batch, so I suggest making at least two pie crusts to serve with it. If you are bringing it to a small gathering, it might be best to cut the recipe in half. The good new is that this keeps in the refrigerator really well for a week. You can just snack on the leftovers if there is any left…which I doubt!
- 8oz cream cheese
- 14oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3.4oz vanilla instant pudding
- ¾ c. milk
- 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 8oz carton whipped topping
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp. cinnamon
- Roll out your pie crusts on a sheet pan. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake according to package directions.
- Remove from the oven and immediately cut the crust into small pieces for dipping. Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk, instant pudding and milk. Beat the mixture for 3-4 minutes or until it has thickened. Add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and beat until well combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping until it is well incorporated. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.