Pomegranate Goat Cheese Crostini are a beautiful and elegant appetizer perfect for an easy holiday party finger food with only 5 ingredients!
Pomegranate Goat Cheese Crostini
Pomegranates really are the jewel of winter. They are a sweet and beautiful fruit that is season during the cold months, when most of the fruit at the grocery store is far from at it’s prime. They are great in everything from desserts and appetizers to salads and entrees. There are so many amazing Pomegranate Recipes you can make with this awesome fruit, with this Pomegranate Goat Cheese Crostini being a perfect finger food for a beautiful holiday appetizer!
Whether you are like our family and celebrating Christmas late this year and looking for something unique to bring to the gathering, or you are looking for an elegant appetizer for your New Year’s party, these Pomegranate Goat Cheese Crostini are a must try. A loaf of crusty french bread is made into crostini by slicing, drizzling with olive oil and baking. They are topped with a whipped mixture of goat cheese and cream cheese and sprinkled with stunning pomegranate seeds and fresh mint.
This appetizer is not only a show-stopper, it tastes amazing. The crunchy texture of the bread and pomegranate seeds combined with the creamy tang of the whipped goat cheese and finished off with a fresh burst of mint flavor is one you are sure to enjoy.
If you are anything like me, you don’t want to mess around with the somewhat tedious task of seeding a pomegranate. You probably don’t want pomegranate juice spewed across your kitchen…not that I speak from experience. No worries! This time of year there are lots of options to buy pomegranate seeds in the deli department. I wouldn’t recommend using frozen pomegranate seeds though, because fresh is going to be best with these Pomegranate Goat Cheese Crostini. Pile those seeds high for a stunning appetizer that is sure to impress your guests!
- 1 loaf crusty french bread
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. honey goat cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1½ c. pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint,very finely diced
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Slice the French bread into ½ inch thick slices and arrange on a baking sheet. Drizzle the slices of bread with olive oil and bake at 350° for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, add the goat cheese and cream cheese. Beat the mixture until it is smooth and fluffy.
- Spread each slice of bread with the goat cheese mixture and top with pomegranate seeds and a touch of mint. (The fresh mint is very powerful, so use sparingly!)
- Serve immediately.