Pistachio Crusted Goat Cheese Berry Salad is a healthy and filling dinner recipe ready in only 10 minutes! This vegetarian salad is loaded with fresh strawberries, raspberries, avocados, pistachio crusted goat cheese and dressed with balsamic vinaigrette.
Pistachio Crusted Goat Cheese Berry Salad
I am obsessed with summer berries lately, from Lemon Berry Crisp to this Pistachio Crusted Goat Cheese Berry Salad, there are so many sweet and savory ways to enjoy the perfectly sweet berries this time of year. My favorite honey goat cheese is rolled in chopped salted pistachios and piled on top of mixed greens along with strawberries, raspberries and creamy avocado. I added some thinly sliced red onion for a little bit of bite and finished it off with balsamic vinaigrette. I am just drooling looking back at these photos it was so good!
While this salad doesn’t have any meat, it is full of healthy fats from the avocado and pistachios. It is one of the most filling vegetarian salads you will eat! You can certainly add in some chicken or steak if you prefer your dinner salads to have meat, but it’s definitely not a must.
If you are in a hurry and not worried about making your salad look beautiful with the perfectly crusted goat cheese, by all means, you can just toss in some crumbled goat cheese and pistachios and you will get the same flavors. Don’t skip the honey goat cheese though. It is so much better than regular goat cheese and adds such a great flavor!
- 8 c. mixed greens
- 1 c. balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 oz. honey goat cheese
- ⅓ c. shelled pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced
- 1 c. raspberries or blueberries
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ c. thinly sliced red onion
- Slice the 4 oz. log of honey goat cheese into 4 rounds. Press the rounds of goat cheese into the finely chopped pistachios until well coated.
- Toss the mixed green with the balsamic vinaigrette. Top the dressed greens with the pistachio crusted goat cheese and remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.