Peanut Butter Buckeye Brownie Hearts are the perfect sweet for your special Valentine. They combine two of the best desserts into one amazing treat with brownies and peanut butter buckeyes!
Peanut Butter Buckeye Brownie Hearts
Are you looking for the perfect sweet treat for your special Valentine? Well, if they are a peanut butter and chocolate lover, I have got just the thing with these Peanut Butter Buckeye Brownie Hearts! It takes two of the best desserts, brownies and buckeyes and combines them into one stunning treat.
This dessert starts with an easy store-bought fudge brownie mix and is topped with a buckeye mixture made with peanut butter, powdered sugar, graham crackers and butter. After you spread the buckeye mixture over the cooled brownies you use whatever small heart cookie cutter you have on hand to cut out the hearts.
After your hearts are all cut out, I piled my scraps in a bowl and snacked on them as I worked on decorating. #NoShame
Next up, we need to make these little bite-sized hearts beautiful. Melt some dark chocolate chips with a little bit of coconut oil or shortening and using an offset spatula spread the chocolate over the top of the hearts. Embellish with sprinkles and store refrigerated!
I brought a tray of these to work and they disappeared in record time! If you make these Peanut Butter Buckeye Brownie Hearts for your Valentine you are sure to get lots of compliments. They truly are an amazingly delicious dessert that are a serious crowd-pleaser!
Do you have any special Valentine tradition with your loved ones or children? I don’t typically do much exciting other than go out to eat with my husband. As a child though, I remember my mom would always have a special gift for us girls. Sometimes it was a treat but usually it was something fun like a book or stickers.
- 1 box fudge brownie mix (9x13 size) prepared according to package directions
- ⅔ c. peanut butter
- ⅔ c. powdered sugar
- ¼ c. butter, melted
- ⅔ c. graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ c. dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tsp. coconut oil or shortening
- Prepare your brownie mixture and bake in a 9x13 pan according to package directions. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor, add the peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter and graham crackers. Pulse until the mixture is smooth and well combined. (If you don't have a food processor, crush your graham crackers into fine crumbs and combine with the other ingredients in a bowl with a beater. The mixture won't be quite as smooth, but will still taste great!)
- Dollop the mixture over the brownies and carefully spread it out evenly.
- Using a heart cookie cutter, cut out as many hearts as possible.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips and oil in 20 seconds increments, stirring vigorously until smooth.
- Spread the top of each heart brownie with 1 teaspoon melted chocolate and top with sprinkles. Store refrigerated.
Chocolate Recipes for Your Sweet Tooth
Bourbon Fudge from Bread Booze Bacon
Easy Chocolate Pudding Cupcakes from White Lights on Wednesday
Chocolate Kiss Cookies from I Heart Eating
Espresso Chocolate Cake from Kleinworth & Co.
Whole 30 Mole Chicken from Cooking with Curls
Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake from Home.Made.Interest.
Peanut Butter Buckeye Brownie Hearts from The Creative Bite
Triple Chocolate Skillet Cookie from Celebrating Sweets
Homemade Chocolate Sauce from The Two Bite Club
Chocolate Lava Cake for Two from Liz on Call
Chewy Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies from It Bakes Me Happy