Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal Bars are a rich and easy dessert filled with tart apples and creamy peanut butter for a treat everyone will love.
Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal Bars
Apples are starting to drop off our tree by the hundreds! This means two things. First of all, my lazy butt needs to get out there and start picking up apples off the ground instead of just mowing over them. Secondly, ripe tart apples from our tree are just around the corner! From this fresh Spiralized Apple Cranberry Salad to sweet desserts like Salted Caramel Apples and Browned Butter Mini Apple Tarts, there are so many amazing recipes to be made with delicious fall apples. These Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal Bars are a classic combination of flavors with peanut butter and apples in a sweet mixture sandwiched between buttery oatmeal layers.
These Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal Bars are a twist on a favorite of mine, Browned Butter Mini Apple Tarts. Sweetened condensed milk is combined with creamy peanut butter for a scrumptiously sweet layer and is topped with a salty oatmeal layer for amazing flavor. I left out the chocolate and swapped in the fresh apples for a fall twist that has the perfect balance of sweet, salty and tart.
If you aren’t lucky enough to have an apple tree in your backyard, head to the farmers market or grocery store and grab some of yoru favorite tart apples. Whip up these easy Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal Bars that will come together in just a matter of minutes!
- ¾ c. butter, softened
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. flour
- 2 c. oatmeal, quick oats
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ c. apples, peeled and chopped into ½" pieces
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ½ c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl and add 1 c. flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt. Mix until crumbly mixture forms.
- Press ⅔ of the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.
- In a separate bowl, toss the apples with the 2 Tbsp. flour. Combine the apples with the peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk and spread over the crust.
- Top with the remaining oatmeal crumble and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.