I recently bought a bag of Ranch Campanelle pasta from The Pasta Man, our local gourmet pasta vendor. (It is so exciting to be able to say that, living in RURAL Minnesota! We don’t have many, if any other, LOCAL gourmet vendors that I am aware of. It is a campanelle shaped pasta speckled with ranch flavorings. You can make this salad with any pasta you would like, but I just liked the extra flavor and bite that the homemade pasta gave it.
I wanted to keep this salad simple and light but didn’t want to skimp on the flavors. This came out so creamy and delicious you would never know it was made with healthier ingredients. This makes a BIG batch so it is a great salad for a family event.
- 1 jar Marzetti light ranch dressing
- 1 c. Non-fat Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 12 oz. Pasta (preferably something with ridges to hold onto the sauce)
- 1 tub Cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Cucumbers chopped
- 2 bunches Green onions diced (the whole onion except the root)
- 1 c. Matchstick carrots
- ¾ c. Shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Begin by cooking the pasta to your liking; I prefer al dente for pasta salad. Once cooked, strain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Toss the pasta in a large bowl along with the cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, carrots and cheese. In a separate medium bowl, combine the Marzetti ranch, Greek yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the pasta and vegetables and fold together until well combined. Let chill for one hour and serve cold.