Parmesan Lemon Shrimp Linguine is a light pasta recipe made with whole wheat linguine, fresh tomatoes, garlic, green onion and shrimp in a lemon butter sauce for an easy 20 minute dinner full of flavor!
Parmesan Lemon Shrimp Linguine
This Parmesan Lemon Shrimp Linguine is my Mom’s favorite recipe. I have been making it for her for quite some time, but it was always just a matter of tossing the ingredients together and whipping up a quick and easy 20 minute dinner without much though. I didn’t have a recipe for it, but she was wanting to make it for herself, so I decided it was time that I put together a recipe for her. We always use whole wheat pasta to make the recipe healthier. Sometimes I’m not a huge fan of whole grain pasta, but in this dish it just works and gives it the perfect al dente bite.
Parmesan Lemon Shrimp Linguine is as simple as sauteing some green onions, garlic and shrimp in butter and tossing it with cherry tomatoes, whole grain pasta, Parmesan and fresh lemon juice. It is such a fresh and delicious dish that is perfect served with some garlic bread on the side.
The tomatoes are an optional ingredient that I just started adding more recently with all the tomatoes coming out of our garden. I love that they add a nice sweet crunch to the dish. I hate mushy cooked tomatoes, so these are added at the very last minute, just to warm them through. Now that I started adding them, they are a must have for me personally. The dish really isn’t the same without them.
- 8 oz. whole wheat linguine (1/2 box)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- ½ c. diced green onions
- 1 Tbsp. diced garlic
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 c. shredded Parmesan
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the whole wheat pasta to al dente. Drain and toss with olive oil.
- Meanwhile, while the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet over medium heat, saute the green onions in garlic in the butter for 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until they are pink and opaque. Add the lemon juice and tomatoes to the pan and cook for 1 minute, just until the tomatoes are heated through.
- Remove from the heat and toss everything with the pasta. Top with the Parmesan and serve immediately.