Light Asparagus, Chicken & Quinoa Bake
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter HERE to keep up with our latest recipes!
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. milk
- ½ c. Masa corn flour (you can substitute all-purpose flour)
- 1 Tbsp. Roasted Garlic Montreal Chicken seasoning
- ¾ c. uncooked quinoa
- ½ lb. chicken, cut in small strips
- ½ c. cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ c. leeks, chopped
- 1½ c. asparagus, cut in 2" pieces
- ⅔ c. extra sharp white cheddar, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, whisk together the chicken broth and flour until smooth and cook for a minute. Add the milk and garlic seasoning and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until thickened.
- In a large bowl, fold together the sauce with the quinoa, chicken, bacon, leeks and asparagus and pour into a 10"x10" sprayed baking dish. Top with the shredded cheese and bake for 40-50 minutes covered until the quinoa is sprouted and the chicken is no longer pink. Serve immediately.
Light Asparagus, Chicken & Quinoa Bake is filled with leeks, bacon, asparagus and extra sharp white cheddar for a flavor packed dinner that is so good, you won’t believe it is lightened up! By making your own sauce and using lean chicken and the protein packed super food, quinoa, you get a hearty meal heavy on nutrients and light on fat.