I spend most of this last weekend working on projects for my sister’s upcoming bridal shower. Thankfully I have 3 day weekends in the summer, because I work four 10 hour days, so I am able to get lots of chores and projects done. Do you have special hours you work in the summer?
On weekends like these, where I have lots to get done, I prefer to make a hearty snack such as this Grilled Pineapple & Avocado Salsa that I can enjoy for a quick lunch or just snack on as I am working throughout the day. It also makes a quick dinner, by just throwing it on a grilled chicken breast.
I just adore grilled pineapples and avocados, so I figured, why not combine the two! The sweetness from the pineapple paired with creamy avocados are a delightful combination paired with some salty tortilla chips.
- 1 avocado
- ¼ of a fresh pineapple (roughly 1-1.5 cups)
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 bunch green onions diced
- 1 jalapeno finely diced
- juice of 1 lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spray a hot grill or grill pan with nonstick spray and grill your pineapple, avocado, jalapeno and bell pepper for a minute or two on each side, or until golden brown grill marks form.
- Remove the produce from the grill and let cool before dicing into small pieces.
- Toss the grilled produce with the green onions, lime juice and salt & pepper.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled with tortilla chips.