Dark Chocolate Dream Cake is an easy dessert recipe loaded with dark chocolate goodness for a rich and decadent treat!
Dark Chocolate Dream Cake
This cake is truly what dreams are made of. Not only is it quick and easy to make because you start with a box mix, but it is loaded with my new favorite dark chocolate peanut butter and topped with a creamy dark chocolate frosting. In less than an hour, you will have an amazing cake on the table for dessert that everyone will die for!
Let’s talk about this Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter from Peanut Butter & Co. for a second. This stuff is seriously legit. I came across it at our local bent and dent store and had to grab a jar. When I got home I compared the nutritional value to that of a standard peanut butter and was flabbergasted when they were nearly identical! Needless to say, I no longer have a use for my regular peanut butter, because this stuff goes on EVERYTHING.
Whether I am smearing it on my morning English muffin or mixing it into this cake, it is a win all around. You really need to go grab a jar for yourself immediately. If you sadly can’t get your hands on this jar of dark chocolate goodness, regular peanut butter or Nutella will make do.
- 1 dark chocolate cake mix prepared (NOT baked)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ c. dark chocolate peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 jar dark chocolate frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Prepare your dark chocolate cake mix according to the package, and pour in a greased 9x13 pan.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese, dark chocolate peanut butter and egg until smooth. Dollop the mixture over the cake batter and using a butter knife, cut through the mixture to create a swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife comes out of the cake clean.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and frost.