Crock Pot Thai Peanut Chicken is an easy four ingredient weeknight dinner idea made in your slow cooker that you can serve with everything from rice and veggies to lettuce cups for a healthy and delicious recipe!
Crock Pot Thai Peanut Chicken
I promise, if you come home from a long day of work to this Crock Pot Thai Peanut Chicken, you will be drooling from the flavorful aroma! This light and healthy chicken has a rich flavor from a homemade Thai Peanut Sauce that whips up in your blender in no time. This chicken is wonderful served with a side of rice, used to top a pizza or rolled up in a wrap for lunch. You will find all sorts of amazing ways to enjoy the leftovers if there are any!
Are you starting to say your sad goodbyes to fresh summer veggies? I know we are on the last of our garden tomatoes right now and I am trying to enjoy them in everything! I have been making this Fresh Tomato Basil & Burrata Salad over and over. BLTs are at the top of my list as well!
If you are moving on to heavier fall flavors but still want something healthy for dinner, this Crock Pot Thai Peanut Chicken is a must try! You can finish it off with some fresh cliantro and you will have a bright dish with hearty flavors you will love. My personal favorite way to enjoy this chicken is by tossing it on a naan bread topped with some cheese for a flatbread or mixed in a salad. No matter what you do, be sure and top it with fresh chopped peanuts for a great crunch!
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 c. Thai Peanut Sauce
- OPTIONAL - cilantro and chopped peanuts for topping
- Place the onion and bell pepper on the bottom of a 4-6 qt. slow cooker. Layer the chicken over top and pour in all of the Thai Peanut Sauce.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Shred the chicken using two forks and serve immediately.