Chipotle Lime Chicken & Sweet Potato Bowls are a healthy sheet pan recipe full of roasted corn, chicken, sweet potatoes and onions and finished off with creamy avocado and a spicy Greek yogurt sauce.
Chipotle Lime Chicken & Sweet Potato Bowls
These Chipotle Lime Chicken & Sweet Potato Bowls are a healthy and hearty dinner recipe that I am currently loving! The best part of this recipe, apart from it being so delicious, is that it is all made on a sheet pan for a very easy prep and cleanup! I have no interest in making 5 million dishes when I cook, so the fact that this creates minimal dishes and is also a great meal prep recipe, makes this dish a real winner in my book.
This recipe was inspired by my crazy popular BBQ Chicken & Roasted Sweet Potato Bowls. The combination of sweet potatoes and onions tossed with olive oil and chipotle powder was a real hit with everyone. I have had countless rave reviews on them and they have been pinned over a quarter million times! Those sweet potatoes are a favorite of mine as well, with their crispy edges and spicy kick.
Instead of tossing the chicken with BBQ sauce, I opted to make a quick and light Greek yogurt sauce with chipotles in adobo, lime juice and a bit of honey. It adds some serious flavor and spice and is perfect on the juicy chicken. A piece of sweet corn and some creamy avocado rounds out this healthy and hearty meal perfectly!
These Chipotle Lime Chicken & Sweet Potato Bowls are perfect for summer when sweet corn is at it’s prime, but they are comforting enough to fill you up in the winter as well. This recipe is perfect for every season when you are looking for a flavor packed dish that is low carb!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1¼ tsp. garlic salt, divided
- ½ tsp. chipotle powder (or chili powder)
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 avocados
- Chipotle Greek Yogurt Sauce
- ⅓ c. plain Greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1-2 chipotles in adobo sauce, finely chopped (depending on your spice preference)
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into small ½ inch chunks. Chop onion into 1 inch pieces and add to a lined sheet pan along with the sweet potatoes. Toss the sweet potatoes and onions with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, ½ tsp. garlic salt and chipotle powder and toss until well combined. (To avoid burnt onions, be sure to push the onions towards the center of the pan instead of leaving them on the edges.)
- Break the ears of corn in half and add them to the sheet pan with the potatoes. Drizzle the corn with 1 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon garlic salt. Bake everything at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Toss the sweet potatoes and push them along with the corn to one side of the pan. Add the chicken breasts and sprinkle them with ½ tsp. garlic salt. Bake an additional 15-20 minutes at 400° until the chicken is done.
- Meanwhile, mix together the Greek yogurt, lime juice, honey and diced chipotles in adobo. Store refrigerated.
- Remove the pan from the oven and shred the chicken breasts using two forks. Drizzle the chicken with the chipotle sauce and serve along with the vegetables and sliced avocado.