Cheesy Southwest Sausage & Hash Brown Casserole is a hearty recipe made with Gold’n Plump fully cooked chicken sausage, cheesy hash browns and a southwest corn blend. It is a comforting dinner idea the whole family will love!
Cheesy Southwest Sausage & Hash Brown Casserole
One of my family’s all-time favorite recipes is cheesy hash browns. I brought them out to the field a couple weeks ago with some baked ham and everyone was raving over them. They are creamy, flavorful and oh so hearty! It is a staple with most holiday meals, but there is no reason they can’t be enjoyed all year long. I used my mom’s classic cheesy hash brown recipe and added some southwest corn blend and topped it with Gold’n Plump Fully Cooked Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Sausage for this comforting Cheesy Southwest Sausage & Hash Brown Casserole.
This meal takes about ten minutes to throw together and is baked in a casserole dish for a simple and easy dinner the whole family will love. You can easily double the amount of sausage if you are wanting to serve a crowd with plenty of protein. There won’t likely be any leftovers after everyone gets a taste of the cheesy hash brown and corn mixture with a hint of southwest flavor topped with juicy sausage, but if there is, it makes amazing leftovers!
I love keeping a few packs of Gold’n Plump Fully Cooked Sausages in the refrigerator or freezer for last minute meals. They are a flavorful meat packed with protein and work in lots of recipes. In addition to the Jalapeño Cheddar variety, they come in Italian Cheese + Peppers, Spinach + Asiago, Hickory Smoked Apple and Bacon Gouda. They are fully cooked and made with premium boneless skinless chicken thigh meat from chickens raised with No Antibiotics — Ever. One of my go-to meals for a quick last minute recipe is this Chicken Sausage & Fettuccine Alfredo for an easy one-pot meal made in just 20 minutes!
You can feel good about any dinner you make with these Gold’n Plump chicken sausages seeing they are made with real ingredients such as bacon; cheeses like Cheddar, aged Parmesan and Asiago; peppers; herbs and spices. There is no MSG, fillers, preservatives, nitrates/nitrites, gluten and artificial flavors and colors. That right there is something I always feel good about serving my family!
- 2 c. sour cream
- 10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ c. melted butter
- 2 lbs. hash browns, thawed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 10.8 oz. bag southwestern frozen corn (with peppers and onions)
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 10 oz. Gold'n Plump Jalapeno Chicken Sausages
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sour cream, mushroom soup and butter. Add the hash browns, onion, corn blend, 1 cup cheddar, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Spray a 9"x13" pan with nonstick spray and fill with the hash brown mixture. Press the mixture into the pan and top with the remaining cheese and Gold'n Plump sausages.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for one hour. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes at 400°F.