Berry Coconut Magic Bars are amazingly easy to whip together and have the great flavors of chocolate and dried berries for a fun twist on a classic dessert.
Berry Coconut Magic Bars
Magic bars aren’t something I grew up, but they area delicious dessert I discovered in college. The ease of just tossing some butter, graham crackers, sweetened condensed milk and favorite toppings in and pan and letting it bake sounded too good to be true. As you all know, there is nothing too good to be true about magic bars because they are WONDERFUL!
I have made magic bars the traditional way plenty of times, but I decided it was time to change things up. For this rendition of Berry Coconut Magic Bars I added some dried cranberries and blueberries for a fun twist.
The combination of chocolate, toasted coconut and dried berries is one that you must try! It is the perfect balance of sweet and savory with the graham cracker crust.
If you don’t have any dried blueberries on hand, you can just substitute them for more cranberries or your favorite dried fruit. No matter what you do, you won’t be disappointed in this fun twist on an easy dessert!
- ½ c. butter
- 1½ c. quick oats
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- ⅔ c. dried blueberries
- ⅔ c. dried cranberries
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ c. coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 325°.
- Add the butter to a 9x13 pan and bake for 5 minutes at 325°. Remove from the oven and add the oatmeal, brown sugar and salt to the pan. Mix until well combined and press back into the pan. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Top with the sweetened condensed milk, dried berries, chocolate and coconut. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.